CVC Decodable Books | Book 16: Short U Review | Science of Reading Aligned
Are you trying to help kids read and they’re just not “getting it”? Or are you a parent that is trying to help their child learn how to read and the books that they’re getting from school are just not working! I want you to know that you are NOT alone and there is a solution!
These Decodable books are an integral part of helping kids read and all phonics programs. Instead of memorizing “sight words” and guessing from pictures, kids are learning how to read with building blocks through systematic, explicit instruction.
What are decodable texts? They are books and/or texts that follow an order of phonics so that kids are building their phonics skills without guessing and/or memorizing words.
This resource comes in 3 forms:
- Printable decodable book in black and white
- Printable decodable book in colour
- Interactive BOOM cards that can be played on a tablet
Here are the activities that are included in this resource: Short U Review
- Short U CVC word find
- Say it, connect it, write it
- 3 differentiated versions
- “I have, who has” short U review
- Colour/black and white printable decodable book
- 3 versions of an order of events activity
- Colour coded/black and white reading activity
- Adult Data Tracker/ Reader copy
- Matching interactive BOOM cards
SAVE and BUNDLE! There are 15 other CVC Decodable Books that are part of this bundle (16 decodable texts with follow-up activities!). Grab it HERE!
Come say hi on Social!
Like this Resource? Add it to your cart now!