Sight Word Sentences
Sight Word Worksheets for Kindergarten is a detailed unit on the first list of Dolch words.
What is included:
· The first 40 words of the Dolch List
· There are two pages for each sight word with writing and cutting/pasting activities.
Here’s why sight words are important:
- Sight words are words that are frequently used in the English language
- These words are easily recognized in the English language and when learned they help develop strong reading fluency and literacy skills.
- This resource is repetitive, which has shown to be effective in building strong literacy skills.
- The activities get more difficult as the resource goes on.
- The hands-on approach to this resource is most effective to helping students retain information.
- When students put sight words into connect, they are storing them into their long-term memory.
- The cutting/pasting helps with fine motor development and strengthens hand-eye coordination.
***This has been updated. Please download again!***
How can you use this in your classroom:
· Guided writing
· Building imperative early literacy skills
· Literacy centers
· Morning work
· Remedial work
· Whatever else you choose![metaslider id=27]
Like this Resource? Add it to your cart now!