Vowel Team Worksheets | Printable and Google Slides
These no-prep long vowel team worksheets are a great way to boost phonological awareness! Created with primary students in mind, the literacy activities included here will provide practice to supplement your phonics lessons! These follow the Science of Reading approach. They are BOTH printable (PDF) + Google Slides.
⭐ All of these are included in the bundle:
- ai/ay, ea/ee, ow/oa, ui/ue, oo
⭐ Here is what these fun phonemic awareness activities will do for your students:
- Build phonological awareness
- Practice blending, segmenting, and writing words with long vowel patterns
You can use these worksheets with any curriculum throughout the year. These are great for building on necessary phonics skills that ALL kids need.
Here’s what included in each of the above resources:
- Cover page
- Read & Draw the picture (one for each vowel)
- Write the word beside the picture (one for each vowel)
- Find the words and make a list using a word bank (one for each vowel)
- Dot and circle the words that have each vowel team (x2)
- Cut and paste the matching words and pictures (x2)
- Cut and sort the pictures (x2)
- Word scramble (x2)
- Fill in the blank (x2)
- Make a list of words with the vowel team. Pick 1-2 words and put in a sentence (x2).
- Mix a list of words that start with the vowel team (x2)
- Sort and write the real words and alien words (x2)
- Colour the words that have the vowel team in it (x2)
- Colour the pictures that have the vowel team in it (x2)
- Pick 2 words and put it in a sentence (x2)
- Help unscramble the sentences (x4)
- Read and answer the questions (x2)
- Vowel team review – printing practice (x2)
- Cut and paste the pictures with a short a and long a (+subsequent vowel teams)
- Cut and paste the pictures with ai or ay (+subsequent vowel teams)
- Say it. Read it. Write it (x2)
- See it. Colour in the missing letters. Write it (x2)
- Ai Word review (spin + write) (+subsequent vowel teams)
- Ay Word review (spin + write) (+subsequent vowel teams)
What others are saying about these Vowel Teams Worksheets:
“Excellent resources! I’m so glad I went for the whole bundle!” -Annie B.
“Super glad I grabbed this, super easy to implement!” -Darla D.
“This was exactly what I was looking for! Worth every single penny! Thank you so much!!!” – Susan W.
Like this Resource? Add it to your cart now!