25+ Valentines Day Activities for kids
Valentine’s day is always such a fun day for kids! Yes, it’s become very commercial, but both as a teacher and a mom I am always on the lookout for cute and fun valentines day activities for kids. In this blog, I will show you 25+ EASY, hands-on, Valentines Day Activities that your kids and students will love! The idea include valentines crafts, valentines day games, Valentines Day Sensory activities, Valentines day writing prompts and so much more! Let’s DO THIS!
Valentines Day Games
Whenever I’m planning a new unit, I always look for classroom games for kids that are engaging and meaningful. This year, I decided to recreate BINGO and put unicorns on it. I mean, who doesn’t love unicorns and I thought it was a fun rendition of BINGO. Oh, best part, it’s EDITABLE. This means that you can add any words and/or numbers into the game, which is perfect for differentiating levels and grades! If you’ve never played Bingo before, I’ll go through how to play the bingo games for kids. Grab this resource HERE
Valentines day Arts & Crafts
- Cardboard Heart roll: Using toilet paper rolls, dip into paints and make little hearts.
- Salt Dough Hearts : Might be one of the cutest activities I’ve seen yet!
- Handprint Art Tree: This one is trickier to put together but super sweet
- Heart suncatchers: These look beautiful in the window!
- Colourful tie-dye suncatchers
Valentines day colouring ideas
Editable Color by Sight Words Valentine coloring pages: One of my readers FAVOURITE activities is colour by sight words. I think colouring is great, but since we have such a limited time with kids attention spans, I decided to make an Editable Color by Sight Words Valentines Coloring Pages. What does this mean? Add in whatever words you like into the eight different colouring templates, and watch them appear. Check them out HERE!
Valentines Day Writing Prompts
Reading and writing are a great pair in creating strong literacy skills. These Valentines Day Writing Prompts are a perfect way to engage kids into writing something they WANT to write about while also building literacy skills. There are 44 Writing prompts that are printable (PDF) + Google Slides. Click HERE to grab these writing prompts!
Alphabet Activities for Kids
Kids can always have more practice with letter recognition and letter sounds. Letter recognition is a foundational piece for readers to identify words within printed text and begin the process, through phonemic awareness. This helps them associate that text with spoken words. As a part of your Valentines day activities, make sure to add this resource that focuses on letter sound recognition games. Check out the whole bundle HERE
Valentine's Math & Literacy Activities
- Valentine Count and Color – Preschool FREEBIE
- Heart Hopscotch : Great activity for counting
- Valentine Math & Literacy Freebie
- Valentines Day Syllable Activities (Free download)
- Letter & Number Heart Puzzles
- My Heart is full: Writing activity
- Valentines Day CVC Picture sort (freebie)
- Handprint Cards: These are ADORABLE!
- Valentines Cards: I love you because…